Thursday, November 10, 2011

WHATS NEW IN MEXICO?

As you know each morning I take a walk on the beach to greet the morning by watching the sun come up. I leave the house at 6 am, I walk in the water and this elderly widowed gentleman walks on the upper sand with his 3 year old mixed breed dog, Brissa. He told me that as the end of the year approaches, notice where the sun comes up each morning. He told me that in Dec. it would be coming up over the point down the beach (we are in a bit of a cove)Sure enough, it is very close to the location. We usually just greet each other and if I have found a nice shell I give it to him to add to his long ledge of shells. He continues down the beach in the water, and I continue to my spot that I turn around. Oh and by the way, I now look for sea glass on my walks. Its glass of some sort that has been broken and washed ashore. I find it in brown (beer bottles I'm sure) green, clear (but frosted from the sea and sand) occassionally blue. I have decided I want to make jewelry with it. Wrap it with wire and make earrings or small pendants. I have not beaded since I arrived, but will soon I hope.

The snow birds are arriving now, there is a lot more activity on the beach, but the nice thing is, people are not coming down early, when Marcie and I are almost to take our road up they are coming down. Marcie has made friends with Brissa, Lobo (yellow lab) a shy german shepherd,and this cute little guy that is 3 months old. His mama is at the end of the photos. Marcie tried to play with the little one, but it is having too much fun just romping in the sand.


About a week or so ago we were sitting up on the deck in a nice breeze, it was still not much wind and still about 90 out, we have this hammock that we didn't know where to put. Couldn't tell where the own had hung it before.Cloyd spies these hooks made from rebar and goes and gets the hammock, climbs up on the hot tub and puts the hammock up there. It is 7' off the floor. He climbs up to see if it is comfy or not. It was!!

I thought I would share my flower that opened up, I forget the name right now but I have 5 different plants of them. Its so beautiful. Also,outside the front fence we have several types of catcus, some flower some don't. Isn't it pretty!! I got brave yesterday and went out to rake up around the cactus, and snip the dead ones. The dead ones go through gloves just like needles!!!!


As you know my Mom is down here till March. She found an apartment that is at the top of the Spa development, with a view of the sea,sitting either at her window in her living room or on her little deck. This is Cloyd after one of our many trips up to move her in. That is about all that is new down here,things move in a very slow pace so not a lot of excitement.I have to download some more photos to share with you. Don't forget to look at the mama of the cute little puppy below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment